Q: My gear selector is broken.

The gear shifter broke off completely and i need recommendations on how to get it fixed without replacing the steering column. Thank you!

Depending on where and how badly the gear selector is broken, you may not have to replace the entire steering column to fix the selector fixed. The gear selector is sold separately . You will still have to gain access to where the shifter mounts which may include removing the steering column, but the whole unit doesn’t always need to be replaced to fix this problem. This is a pretty common problem with these vehicles so you can visit your local dealer for the repair as the dealer will usually have an ungraded part when problems become common of you may consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take closer look at your broken gear selector and offer mobile assistance.

3. My gear selector is broken.