Q: Why does my truck shut off when im at the stop light ?

asked by on February 21, 2017

Every time im driving and when i slow down or stop my truck just shuts off.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are a few common reasons for a vehicle to stall. The most common causes are a clogged fuel filter, a failing fuel pump, vacuum leaks, or failing sensors. Some diagnostic testing will be necessary to determine where the problem is coming from. I would suggest that you first pull the diagnostic trouble codes to see if there are any, and possibly tell you where it is that you need to start your search. If no codes are present, then you may have to physically look for any vacuum leaks, test the fuel pressure, and so on, until the problem is found. If this is something you need a hand in identifying/repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.