Q: How can I tell if my starter is going bad? 2008 BMW 528i

I am getting a very slight delay in starting after pressing the start button in my car. Car does turn over but seems to be very slightly delayed.

Hello - the slight delay in starter function (and engine shut-down as well on some) for the "auto start sequence" seems to include a slight delay for most model vehicles with this feature. Whether this is an intentional delay as a safety feature - it can’t possibly take the electronics that long to make its safety checks - or not, it seems consistent. If your starter appears to turn over slower and slower after it begins cranking I would be concerned and have the starting system checked out by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Otherwise, enjoy your ride!

3. How can I tell if my starter is going bad? 2008 BMW 528i