Q: What may cause my car to not crank

My car wouldn't crank last night thought starter had gone out so this morning I went to replace starter and it fired up with out problem why would it do this

A: Hi there. It sounds like you have an issue ...

Hi there. It sounds like you have an issue either the ignition switch or the clutch switch. If either of these fail it will cause the starter to not get voltage. Most of the time it is caused by the clutch switch which causes the starter to not receive power until the clutch pedal is pressed.

I usually test this switch first before doing a test of the ignition switch. It can also be a bad connection at the battery. If you plan on having this repaired, contact a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs.