Q: Slow/no acceleration...High RPMs...No engine light

It doesn't happen all the time. From a stopped position, I can attempt to accelerate but can only get up to 40-45. RPMs race. If I stop and turn the car off and immediately crank it back up it drives as if nothing ever happened. The engine light does not come on during this time or ever. My car has 150000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

A: I do see that there are a couple of differe...

I do see that there are a couple of different Technical Service Bulletin’s (TSB’s) that may be associated with your 2007 Dodge Charger. I would first contact the dealership to verify whether or not the issue would be covered.

This issue could be caused by a problem within the transmission, but it could also be caused by any number of problems. There could be a problem with a control module, a wiring issue, a torque converter, or a failing actuator.

If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, to diagnose the acceleration issue and repair it for you.