Q: Car does not respond when accelerator pedal is pressed on.

Vw polo's engine was reconditioned. Now engine runs but no response when accelerator pedal is pressed. it wont rev. What could be the problem? How can the problem be fixed.

Hey there. This may be the result of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor is used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose the acceleration issue and proceed with the correct repair.

3. Car does not respond when accelerator pedal is pressed on.