Q: I hit a curb pretty hard.. 5 to 10 minutes later my traction control light and my reduce engine power light came on.. Now ive cha

asked by on June 30, 2017

I hit a curb going pretty fast basically straight on to avoid little old lady Who basically jumped out in front of me 5 to 10 minutes later my traction control light comes on and my reduced engine power I have switch the throttle body and many other sensors since but yet both lights continue to come on I need some expert help I know or at least I'm definitely feel that the problem is from hitting that curb my traction control my abs or something down that line please help need expert help

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Any fault/error (or damage to the vehicle) that will affect drivability or vehicle performance "can" cause reduced power. Consequently, the codes that have caused the traction control warning light to illuminate should first be downloaded and if those codes implicate any of the possible causes of reduced power, those codes should be fully resolved first. Once that step is accomplished, that is once the traction system is EITHER ruled out, or once repairs are made if there was damage due to the collision, if the reduced power issue remains, such would be resolved in a Reduced Engine Power Warning Light Diagnostic. The bottom line is, you can just simply request a reduced power diagnostic but, as noted, the mechanic will first consider the possibility that the underlying cause is a traction system fault. If the cause of reduced power is not found "there", it then becomes a reduced power diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr