Q: Rear passenger door will not lock

asked by on September 20, 2016

The car has power locks, but the rear passenger door will no longer lock. When the key fob is pressed, there is an electrical sound made, but the mechanism does not move. I disassembled the door down to the locking mechanism and it looks like the joint does not fully engage to lock. I can manually 'help' the joint, but I am lost on how to fix the mechanism. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may have a bad door latch and they are not serviceable. You will have to replace the latch and the lock actuator if it is not an integral part of the latch. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the door issue and let you know what should be done.