Q: My car will start and the theft light comes on then car jerks

My car will start the theft light will come on and then it turns off car will drive then theft light comes back on then car starts jerking and bucking and the speedometer and also the rpm gauges go up and down then itll be fine for a few seconds then do it again. I tried unhooking the battery cables and rehooking them to reset the system and it got worse

Hello, and thank you for writing in. When multiple sensors and warning lights appear to fail, the culprit is typically electrical. You may want to start with a basic charging system test, which would include testing the battery and the alternator. This can be done at home with a voltmeter, or at your local automotive parts store. If the charging system passes, then you may want to look into the fuses and relays, as well as check your major electrical ground connections (fuse box, battery, alternator, and the wiring). While it may be an issue with the anti-theft, with the other systems having issues as well, the anti-theft is more likely having issues resulting from a power supply problem. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car will start and the theft light comes on then car jerks