Q: No key detected warning

The other day I drove my car and parked it for a while. After I came back to continue driving, the door wouldn't unlock. I managed to open one door and go into the car. However, when I attempted to start it up, there was a "no key detected" warning. What could be causing this?

Hi. It sounds to me like your battery ran out of juice. It’s most likely that the battery inside your key died and simply needs replacement. When your battery dies in your key you should be able to start your car as normally for a while. The trick is to try to start your car as normal but have the key fob hovering on top of the push start button while you’re pressing it.

The battery is a size CR1632. You can find them at places like Walmart or maybe even a grocery store. Very easy to replace and most people do it themselves. If you change it out and the problem persists, I’d suggest contacting a certified mechanic who can diagnose the starting issue and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

3. No key detected warning