Q: Q: Bleeding brakes

I am replacing all my rusted out brake lines, as they have finally failed. I was wondering if I needed to run the Automated Bleed Procedure on a 93 Buick Lasabre. it says the ABS Automated Bleed Procedure uses a scan tool to cycle the system solenoid valves and run the pump in order to purge any air from the secondary circuits. But I'm not sure that is necessary for my vehicle or if I can bleed the brakes as I normally would.

If you are able to keep the master cylinder full and thus no air can be drawn toward the ABS pump and valving during brake bleeding, you can often get away without using a bi-directional scan tool to remotely actuate the ABS system during brake bleeding. For example, when you are just replacing wheel calipers, usually no air will get in at the master cylinder, if the cylinder is kept full, or at least above the minimum level. If you do run into trouble and need to have the brakes bled by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake system inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you

3. Q: Bleeding brakes