Q: I got my RPMS too high before shifting into third gear. Is it possible that I blew the cam seal?

I got my RPMS too high before shifting into third gear, is it possible I blew the cam seal? I felt the car lose power temporarily and realized I needed to shift. I think I smell burning oil when I drive burn it just happened today so I haven't noticed any oil leaks

Hey there. The engine computer will limit the maximum RPMs your engine will go before it limits it from over revving. This limit will feel like a sudden loss of power with the power then coming back. Revving the engine to this limit should not hurt your engine although it is not recommended to keep over revving the engine. If you think you may have an oil leak, then have it inspected to pinpoint the culprit. This engine may have a valve cover leaking and may require gasket replacement.

3. I got my RPMS too high before shifting into third gear. Is it possible that I blew the cam seal?