Q: After warm up I accelerate and it makes a rattling noise only when I'm pressing the accelerate

I have a 99 mustang it makes a rattling , pinging noise when I accelerate only when the car is warm. I've put high octane in it and it still does it. I would like to know my problem and how I can fix it

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1999 Ford Mustang. You may have a defective mass airflow sensor. The sensor may not set a code either. The problem is the sensor may tell the computer you are at 10,000 feet and the computer will compensate by leaning out the fuel mixture. This leaning out will cause the engine to ping. Have the mass air flow sensor tested and replaced if it is giving the wrong barometric readings. Also if you are using an oil type air filter it can contaminate the sensor. You should replace it with a dry type filter. If you would like help, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the rattling noise and replace your mass airflow sensor.

3. After warm up I accelerate and it makes a rattling noise only when I'm pressing the accelerate