My transmission jerks hard when I floor it honda 2001 acc...

Q: My transmission jerks hard when I floor it

asked by on October 11, 2017

When I give the car a little gas it shofts smoothly but when I get on the pedal when starting out it jerks into second. Like a really hard jerk.

Transmission shift problems can be caused by simple faults, such as a low fluid level, contaminated fluid, plugged filter in the pan, bad shift solenoid(s), faulty throttle position sensor or speed sensor, but shift problems can also be due to serious problems requiring a rebuild such as internal hydraulic leaks, valve body faults, clutch pack failures and so forth. To pinpoint the issue in your circumstance, the recommended service is a transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will determine the root cause of the abrupt shifting. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.