Q: Check Engine Light is on, trouble code P0011&12. I changed the oil and filter. I need to turn off the engine light to see if that problem is solved.

asked by on October 27, 2016

Check engine light is on, code p0011&12. Changed oil and filter need to I need to turn off engine light to see if problem solved. All I want is someone to turn off the engine light so I can see if the oil change fixed the issue.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the oil level was low or if the wrong oil war previously used then that can cause these codes to come up. Most of the time though, on this engine, it is caused by a failure in the timing chain. The timing chain is the most common failure on this engine and when it is stretched enough the cam timing will be off enough to cause this. If you want to have this camshaft timing looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the check engine light is still on and address any issues that are found.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr