Q: Truck idling higher than normal.

I recently had the throttle position sensor replaced. Now, I notice the engine is idling a little higher than normal when in park or neutral.

A: I would recommend taking the vehicle back t...

I would recommend taking the vehicle back to the facility that replaced your TPS and ensure that the throttle body gasket was replaced as well. If the gasket was not replaced a vacuum leak may exist near your throttle body causing your idle speed to be incorrect. If the throttle body gasket was replaced properly, inquire about if the reset procedure for the TPS was performed. If this reset procedure is not performed it can also cause your exact symptoms. Your throttle body gets carbon build up on the inside of it which your TPS compensates for over time. When the TPS is new and has not been relearned to the vehicle it will not be able to compensate for any carbon buildup within the throttle body.