Q: side mirrors adjust automatically with memory seat but not independently from control on armrest

side mirrrors adjust automatically with memory seat but not independently from control on armrest. Is there a trick to un-memorizing the seat position to reset

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Once the s...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Once the seat memory is set it can only be changed to a new position unless the memory seat module is either replaced or reprogrammed with the correct scan tool. As for the mirrors not working with the side controls, this is unrelated to the seat memory. Most of the time this is caused by a malfunctioning selector switch, the switch that allows you to change which mirror you are going to adjust. The switch would need to be tested with a scan tool to see if it is malfunctioning or simply not receiving power due to an electrical issue. If you want to have your non-operational mirrors checked out, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your home or place of business in order to perform a power mirror is not working inspection and diagnose this issue.