Q: Is it worth replacing a busted radiator

Car is not running; do I replace the radiator to stall time for buying a new car or just have the car junked and buy a new car without my Malibu as a trade-in?

A: If you can get more for the car as a trade ...

If you can get more for the car as a trade in, after you replace the radiator, than what a junk yard will give you for junking it, then I’d recommend fixing or replacing the radiator and use it as a trade in.

If you can’t get at least $1000 for trading it in then sell it outright as is. You should get more than if you junked it. Junking will probably get you between $250 to $500.

If you do decide to fix the car, consider enlisting the service of a professional mechanic who can replace your radiator at your own convenience.