Q: Can a bad bearing mess up the brakes and rotors in the front?

I would like to know if a bad bearing would mess up the brakes and rotors before i change them on the side that is bad?

A: If the wheel bearing is defective, that wil...

If the wheel bearing is defective, that will not damage the brake rotor or the brake assembly. However, when installing the new bearing, the factory procedure must be carefully adhered to. In particular, the hub retaining nut has to be torqued precisely to the Factory Service Manual specification, otherwise, the new bearing will fail relatively quickly. YourMechanic can replace the defective wheel bearing during a mobile visit to your location if you need to have this done.