Q: Antitheft key light on jeep wont start

My jeep was running fine. Then last week I went to leave and it would crank but would not start. None of the guages on my dash work, and the key light shows. I have checked the battery and all fuses. O have not done anything new to the vehicle prior.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. You may be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. You may be having an issue with the anti-theft module on the vehicle. I recommend first try a different key to see if it is the key having an issue. Make sure to not have anything metal on the key ring. If the problem still occurs, then try disconnecting the battery and waiting 10 minutes and then reconnect it. If it then starts okay then it may have just got a voltage spike and problem is gone. If problem persists then the anti-theft module will need to be tested and reprogrammed or replaced by a dealer since they have the special dealer code to activate the module.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed. Hope this helps and best of luck!