Q: Truck not starting after replacing starter

My truck wouldn't start, so I got it tested. It needed a new starter, so I replaced that, but it's still not starting.

Hi, is the check engine light on? Sometimes a no start will throw a diagnostic code which will help in solving the issue. Certain sensors, such as the crankshaft position sensor, are needed to run the engine and if the sensor is faulty you will not be able to start the engine. The computer can detect the faulty signal and will light up the check engine light to let you know a code is stored.

If there are no codes, make sure that the power connections on the new starter were installed correctly. All of the cables from the battery to the starter should be tested for excess resistance and make sure all of the grounds are still intact. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to help you inspect the parts and further the diagnosis of why the car will not start.