Q: I have a 2007 Kia spectra and it's been sitting for 2 months and my husband just went to started it wouldn't start

asked by on April 15, 2017

My car been sitting for 2 months and my husband just went to start it it wouldn't start the radio comes on but the wont start it makes a ticking sound but won't start it haven't moved or start for 2 months we are hoping it's not the engine that went

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1141.96 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.