Q: Smoke and oil leaking after oil change - 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350

asked by on September 10, 2016

I change the oil in my car at the dealership. The last time, they changed it but put way too much apparently. When I started the car the next morning, there was smoke coming out of it. This was followed by oil leakage. I had the excessive oil drained but this didn't stop the leaking. The oil keeps leaking in front of the engine and I'm not sure what has happened here. What should I do?

Take it back to the dealer that did the oil change. There is likely still excess oil somewhere, or something was incorrectly re-assembled.