Q: How long does it take to change oil pan & gaskets?

asked by on February 13, 2017

There apparently has been an oil leak with my car for a while now & I want to get it fixed. After going to a few different places, the census was that the oil pan was leaking, but it could be from maybe the gasket or something else. Replacement parts aside, how long does it take to change the oil pan/whatever needs replacing? I am trying to get a time amount for their hourly rate.

Hi there. The oil pan gasket could take from 1.75 to 2.50 hours depending on the technician that is working on the vehicle. If you are not a mechanic and are wanting to change the oil pan gasket and have all of the tools, then it could be around 4 to 6 hours.