Q: Q: Car cranks but wont start.

Fuel pump is working, all fuses are good with test light (not sure about relays). I ran the car for 10 minutes (no issues ), turned it off to get coffee, tried to restart and it would only crank away. No check engine light or warning what so ever. Tried the extra key fab, no dice. Checked for fuel at the injector rail and plenty of pressure there. Is there any common issue with these symptoms? Could it be crank sensor with no warning?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. The symptoms you are experiencing can definitely be caused by a faulty crank sensor. If the crank sensor goes bad, or there is an issue with the wiring the computer will be left without the crank position signal. Most ignition and engine management systems will not work without a crank signal, however they may still crank. I would start by examining and testing the sensor to see if it needs to be replaced.

If you would still like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed. Best of luck!

3. Q: Car cranks but wont start.