Q: Rumbling noise coming from left front side - 2008 Mercedes-Benz R320

When driving about 30 m/h rumbling noise start coming and increasing with the speed. Had it for about 3 month, getting worse. Sometimes getting lower when driving about 75-80 m/h. At any point during noise slight turn to left, load goes to right the noise disappears completely. Lately very often during exceleration strong vibration that shakes car I think during gear shifting, seams like coming from drive shaft. Thought it left front bearing, just replaced it and nothing changed. Please advise. Thank you

A: Hi there. From what you are explaining, it ...

Hi there. From what you are explaining, it sounds like you either have a bad bearing in the differential or an issue with one of the axles. I have seen many axles on this vehicle fail and cause similar noises, as well as the differential make this noise. I typically get the vehicle in the air and run it while I listen for the origin of the noise. Some of the time, it takes a mechanic’s stethoscope to really narrow it down.

If you want to have this rumbling noise checked out, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose why you are getting this noise from your vehicle.