Q: Rumbling noise coming from left front side - 2008 Mercedes-Benz R320

When driving about 30 m/h rumbling noise start coming and increasing with the speed. Had it for about 3 month, getting worse. Sometimes getting lower when driving about 75-80 m/h. At any point during noise slight turn to left, load goes to right the noise disappears completely. Lately very often during exceleration strong vibration that shakes car I think during gear shifting, seams like coming from drive shaft. Thought it left front bearing, just replaced it and nothing changed. Please advise. Thank you

Hi there. From what you are explaining, it sounds like you either have a bad bearing in the differential or an issue with one of the axles. I have seen many axles on this vehicle fail and cause similar noises, as well as the differential make this noise. I typically get the vehicle in the air and run it while I listen for the origin of the noise. Some of the time, it takes a mechanic’s stethoscope to really narrow it down.

If you want to have this rumbling noise checked out, consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose why you are getting this noise from your vehicle.

3. Rumbling noise coming from left front side - 2008 Mercedes-Benz R320