Q: Loud screeching noise on left front tire when the car is in motion

Brakes and tires just replaced within last 6 months. Just started last night. Had to drive 180 miles to get home from vacation and the noise lessened as we drove.

A: Hi there. If there is a screeching noise wh...

Hi there. If there is a screeching noise when the vehicle is moving coming from the wheels, then the brakes need to be checked again. That type of noise is typically caused by a bad brake pad sensor. It is possible that your brakes are worn out again.

It can occur if they were defective or if the brakes were not installed right before. It can also be the backing plate on the brakes if something got stuck between it and the rotor. I have also had a bearing start to fail and cause this.

Consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to determine the source of the screeching noise.