Q: Engine meter shows overheating but engine is not hot

asked by on November 15, 2017

I just had my radiator changed a few months back due to a leak. But yesterday my car`s engine temperature meter shows that it was close to overheating, stopped by the roadside pop the hood and engine doesn't show signs of overheating. Engine seems to be normally warm. 10 minutes later i continued driving and the engine temp meter shows that its temperature is stable back. what seems to be the problem here?

It sounds like you may have had the thermostat stuck closed for a short time and then open up and temperature went down. I would recommend you get the engine coolant thermostat replaced before thermostat stops working all together and overheats engine.