Q: car vibrates on low speeds around 30-40mph

asked by on November 04, 2016

I had an accident 2 months back . A truck hit on the back. Bumper and side panel were replaced. From that time I see car vibrates on low speeds. Wheel balance and alignment are good.

Hello. I suspect this accident damaged a wheel or tire, which is causing the vibration you are experiencing. Bent wheels or a damaged tire which has tread separation are the likely problem. If you jack up the car, carefully blocking it so it won’t roll, then turning the tire by hand (on the side that was damaged) - you can usually visually see a bent wheel or separating tire. If you are looking for assistance doing this check, I would recommend having a professional inspect the shaking or vibrating issue in person and advise you on proper repairs.