Q: Anti-theft alarm won't allow car to start.

The batteries in the key fob for the car have died. We tried using the key to unlock the door, but the alarm just keeps going off. Once the alarm eventually shuts off, the engine still won't start. We can't exactly go buy new batteries for the key fob without driving there and don't have another vehicle to do so either. We've been trying to work around this for almost 24 hours now and can't seem to figure out any way to start the car.

A: If you can, try to lock the doors with the ...

If you can, try to lock the doors with the key and then wait for the alarm to set. Then unlock the drivers door with the key. This should disable the alarm. If it does not, then try doing the same but using the passenger door. If it still does not work, then you will need to get a battery for the key fob if this is the only way for the alarm to be disabled. If this is a non-factory alarm, then you should have a small reset button under dash that will reset alarm when key is set to On position. For the new key fob battery, you could always try asking a friend for a ride, use a ride-sharing application, or use public transportation to get to a location that can provide the new key fob battery.