Q: Wheel stud replacement

I do some of my own auto repair and I need to replace the wheel studs. My question is: Do I first remove the wheel hub and replace the whole assembly?

The easy way to do it is to replace the hub assembly if you have a lot of miles on them since it will give you new studs and bearings.

If you want to just replace the studs, you can knock one out to figure out what’s the best way to take them out and replace them accordingly. Sometimes you can pull them into the hub with no problem. If you run into any issues, feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can you ensure a clean installment of new wheel studs.