Q: Truck won't start after changing plugs and wires with a brand new battery it just clicks but every thing works

I changed out the plugs and wires one at a time when I was done I tried to start truck up an it was dueling very hard making a popping noise I look under the hood an the exhaust manifold pipe was cherry red I shut the truck off cleaned the catalytic converter went to start truck again an now it won't start and it keeps killing my brand new battery all the wires have a good connection the air intake lines are sealed I really dnt have any idea what the problem is

Hello, thank you for writing in. When you are dealing with this type of issue, you want to verify that the most current repair was done correctly. This means making sure the plugs were installed correctly, the wires were installed correctly and in order, the plugs were gaped properly, and that the plugs were not tightened down too far (which closes the gap). If you have the wires running to the wrong plug, the engine will fire incorrectly and cause the same symptoms you are describing. The last thing to consider is what you did to clean the catalytic converter. The catalyst inside of the converter can get wet and be dried before being installed back into the vehicle. Typically we do not like to do this, as it can challenge the integrity of the catalyst, and possibly cause more issues. Make sure that the catalyst is dry and undamaged. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Truck won't start after changing plugs and wires with a brand new battery it just clicks but every thing works