Q: WHY WON’T MY CAR START !!??!

My car wouldn't start up about a couple weeks ago when I was at the grocery store and I try to do in the 5 to 10 turning of the key& leaving it alone for 5 minutes in order to get it to go about 15-20 minutes later it started up again and it broke down to get about 15 minutes later which resulted in me having to use a jump? I just got my battery checked so I'm not understanding why I would need to jump my car . Fourth of July weekend my car stalled out like as I'm on the road, I'm pressing the gas and I'm not getting anything which resulted in me having to pull over and as I pulled over trying to crank the car up it will not start at all so I had to leave it there. Yeah of course it got towed. I ended up having to pay for to get out the impound and as I'm sitting there with my dad, he’s trying to figure it out, my car just made this little POP! and it still won't turn on so we get it up having to leave it there again! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

This may be a sign of a faulty ignition coil. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly. The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This type of temperature cycling happens because every time you shut the engine off, the fan stops running, the coolant stops flowing and the temperature under the hood rises. Every time you start the engine again the coolant flows, the fans turn on, and the temperature drops. When this heat dissipates and is absorbed under the hood, it is trapped causing this cycling effect. Other components that contain heat sensitive materials include parts like fuel injectors, igniters, and some sensors. Any of these may be potentially subject to this same kind of heat cycling problem which can be very difficult to trace. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. WHY WON’T MY CAR START !!??!