It was having a hard time starting n we changed [fuel pum...

It was having a hard time starting n we changed [fuel pump](/topics-fuel-pump-honda/). After he got new pump in the car will not even turn over now. Battery is good. They took starter out n put new one in n still nothing. Car turn...

It was having a hard time starting n we changed [fuel pump](/topics-fuel-pump-honda/). After he got new pump in the car will not even turn over now. Battery is good. They took starter out n put new one in n still nothing. Car turned over fine before changing fuel pump???? I don't understand what could I of gone so wrong... Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you? Why the car won't turn over n start. What could changing the girl pump have done Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original? I have only opened the car for the years. It's a 99 Honda Civic so manual [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/). We have replaced main relay, alternator, timing belt, map sensor, throttle positioning sensor, clutch, slave cylinder, master cylinder, plugs n wires, cap n rotor, cooling sensor, battery. Never changed the girl pump though. We had an issue with it running like shit. Slow start,no start. Rough idle n users s lot of gas. Took to a shop n $500 later car was dropped off in same condition. Took to family member n he had for two months n ran a little better n could get me around but still not great. So now girl pump n starter have been changed but it will not crank at all Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes f\*\*king myself. Like I said we have tried all those parts n it was running but not the best. But when he went to change fuel pump car turned over just fine before he replaced n the minute he was done n tried to start car it wouldn't even crank over. Lights n everything is on but crank. Do then he replaced starter n same thing. Do I'm wondering could he have done something wrong while putting in fuel pump that could cause the car to not turn over now? Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No that pretty much covers it

Automotive Expert
Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your Civic. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online. I try to be online for about 10+ hours a day, midday and late-night shift. - If you hold the key in the start position with the clutch pressed. Are both the large and small wire at the starter showing 12.6 volts? - If, not then leave the car in neutral with the key on and short across both wires at the starter. WIll it crank and will it start?
Automotive Expert
Since you were not able to reply to the info request I sent. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like. I hope what I can provide does help. If you are getting power to both wires at the starter and it does not crank with the key or by shorting across the terminals. Those results indicate the starter motor is faulty. Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you like my answer please reply so I can mark your question complete. Moose