Q: My belt fell off, and after putting it back on, it is squealing. Do I need to replace the belt?

My belt fell off went back on but has a little squeal now.

If the belt came off on its own, then you most likely have a tensioner that is not putting tension on the belt to keep it on. Have the tensioner checked and replaced if it is broken or lacks tension, and also replace the belt.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to replace the tensioner and get to the source of the squealing noise.

3. My belt fell off, and after putting it back on, it is squealing. Do I need to replace the belt?