Q: I just got the car two days ago and the engine light is on

asked by on August 16, 2016

I got a 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6 with a mileage of 96525 2days ago from the Cadillac dealership I drive it for two days and the engine light is on

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2010 Cadillac CTS. The light coming on may mean that they just cleared the code and light before selling you the car, or your light is on from a loose gas cap. You will need to have the computer scanned to retrieve the code stored and to diagnose the Check Engine Light. You may want to have the car brought back to the dealer to see if there is anything they can do to help. If you would rather have an independent technician take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic, can come to you to diagnose the Check Engine Light and have this resolved properly.