Q: First my trac off light when on. brakes were barely working and car was shaking both at 10mph or less and when idle. what's wrong

asked by on February 10, 2018

in addition to above the emergency brake will go on occasionally when the emergency brake is not pulled. Dealer said there was nothing wrong with the ABS system (per the computer error messaging system) but about 5 miles after picking it up from the dealer, the brakes went back to having the same issue. Did not go down all the way to the ground, but the spongy-ness of the brakes was gone even when parked. there are no breaker or transmission fluid puddles under the car nor on the tire rims. the breaker fluid cylinder is full. The last time I tried to drive it, the car stalled at the bottom of the street and was shaking. When popping the hood, I did notice some issues with the belt, it was doing some weird clicking sound and did not appear to run smoothly.

I would recommend removing the fuse for your ABS system. This should cause the ABS light to come on. When the ABS light is on the ABS system will not work. Then drive the vehicle and see if the fault is still there. If the fault is still there the ABS system is not the cause. If the issue goes away the ABS system is the cause.