Q: After four alignments, car still dangerously pulls to right

Since I purchased my car from a previous owner, the steering wheel has been dangerously pulling to the right. It is to the extreme that I have to keep my hands on the steering wheel or the car doesn’t drive straight. If my hands come off the steering wheel for an instant, the car will immediately veer to the right into other lanes.Two dealerships (authorized dealers) have performed “four” alignments. None of them have helped the steering wheel problem and have actually resulted in a ‘worse’ condition of this problem. I found other cases on the internet like mine, however they were for different models than mine. In my research it does look like the manufacturer is aware of the problem and helping customers with repairs; however, when cars are returned after the supposed repairs (or claiming there aren’t any problems), reports from customers say nothing helped. This condition is “Dangerous” and could cause accidents! Have you had any experience with this problem and can you tell me how to get this permanently fixed?

Hello! I have not come across this issue specifically related to BMW’s. However, what jumped out at me was the fact that two BMW dealership service departments aligned your 740i, took your money, and sent you away with a very unsafe car. I would return to where the work was performed and tell them how unsatisfactory it is. While alignments can fix pulling issues, other components should be checked for, such as uneven tire pressure, faulty wheel bearings, or worn suspension components. If you would like an independent mechanic to take a look at the car, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your vehicle’s pulling issue.

3. After four alignments, car still dangerously pulls to right