Q: A warning light came on, then the car lost power

A warning light appeared and I am wondering what this warning light means, or its name (the picture looks like someone’s lying back on a bed/chair). That warning light appeared today while I was driving, then my car lost power. I had to turn my car off then restart it. This is the second time this has happened to me in the past couple weeks. What could it be? I lost my owner’s manual so am lost.

A: This is something that will require firstha...

This is something that will require firsthand inspection by a professional.

I'm guessing when you say the warning light looks like someone laying down, you're talking about the supplemental restraint (SRS) warning light. This indicates a problem in the restraint system, which is the seat belts, air bags, etc. However, this should not lead to a loss of power while driving, so I'm not sure.

I suggest you give the team at YourMechanic a call for proper diagnosis of your loss of power issue, and to recommend the best path to repair.