Q: Engine light and TC light on at same time

I do need to replace wheel bareings and I believe also a thermal stat as car repeats over heating.

I have never had to deal with this light before as it's never come on while driving . But it did tonight and my car was jerking kind of felt like a push . Please help. What is wrong

A: Hi there: It’s possible that you have a fe...

Hi there:

It’s possible that you have a few electrical gremlins along with the wheel bearing issue. The traction control light will be triggered when a sensor detects an issue with one of the many mechanical components that operates the steering and handling. Damaged wheel bearings may cause the error code to be stored in the ECM. However, since there are multiple other factors involved, it’s probably a good idea to have one of our local mechanics inspect the check engine light for what error codes exists; so they can trace any damaged components and recommend the right corrective action.