Q: cv axel not fitting

I am trying to replace my broken cv axle and it's not going into the transmission all the way. It sounds like it's hitting metal. What could the problem be?

The axle bore in the transaxle needs to be checked for debris, burying, or a damaged locking ring that could be preventing the axle from fully inserting into the transaxle axle bore.

Also, replacement axles are generally refurbished from used drive axles and the refurbished axle may be outside of manufactured tolerances. If you have not turned in the original axle for the core refund yet, you can compare the new axle to the original to see if there are any variances. If you need help with this repair, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to source and replace your CV axle for you.

3. cv axel not fitting