Q: have a 2006 Express 1500 stall randomly with no code will turn over for about 2 seconds if you go straight into start but if you t

asked by on August 15, 2017

The car died randomly got to tell home started right up took it out again died again brought home didn't start. If you turn the key all the way the car will try to start for about 2 seconds then it shuts itself down it's not throwing any codes. If you turn the key into the on position and let it sit for a few seconds and then try to turn the car over it will not. So something is wrong and it happens about two seconds after the key is turned on to the on position. It'll allow the car to try to start until whatever that is happens

If the starter motor is not functioning consistently, that is if it works but then cuts out early, that suggests an electrical problem in the starter or starter circuit. If the car is starting though with no issue but the problem is immediate stalling typical causes for such immediate stalling are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.