Q: Oil pan gasket has a slow leak/drip

Will it be ok to drive for a couple months until I save up to get it fixed? Also what are some scenarios that can happen if I don't get it fixed? Someone told me 1000$ to get it fixed damn northstar engine

A: A slow oil leak from the oil pan is usually...

A slow oil leak from the oil pan is usually not an urgent issue, however you will of course want to be sure to check the oil frequently to be sure you do not run low and cause substantial engine damage. As you may know, over time these types of engine gaskets will eventually shrink and become brittle and in some cases tear causing a leak.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your oil leak firsthand.