Q: Its like my front wheels locked and wont go forward it will reverse but hear a grinding1994 Honda Accord LX

asked by on December 30, 2016

1994 2door honda accord lx

Cars been making a weird noise with the front passenger tire previously thought it was the rotor then recently brakes felt like they went put car shakes and now it wont go forward without kicking the gas front wheels feel locked and weird noise coming from the hood mulitple people said CV thing or wheel barrings or low transmission fluid ?

Hi there - you have listed some of the possible causes. Check transmission fluid first - easiest, and least expensive to fix. Low fluid would definitely cause lack of motion issues. The grinding noise you mention is not a good sign, and perhaps points most strongly to the transmission. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.