Q: Car won’t stay locked when I use the remote to lock

asked by on October 30, 2015

The door locks on my 2007 Honda CR-V have been acting up recently. The car has 110,000 miles on it, so I wasn’t too shocked when the doors would sometimes lock right after I unlocked them with the remote. As time has gone on though, it has gotten worse and worse. Sometimes the doors unlock shortly after I lock them, and that really puts my car and personal items in danger. Not only that, the doors sometimes fail to unlock when the button on the key or on the door is pressed. This is becoming a real hazard, is there a way to fix this problem without fixing the lock in every door?

The doors locking right after you unlock them or unlocking after you lock them are a safety and security issue concern. After checking into this issue I have learned that other owners have had the same issue and usually end up replacing the door lock actuators in each door. As this can be costly, I would suggest you contact YourMechanic to get a thorough diagnostic to verify the cause of your issue. YourMechanic can verify if any recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) pertain to the repair of your vehicle. They can verify if it is a bad door lock actuator and/or latch. There are no recalls as of the writing of this article, there are, however, owners that have had complaints with door locks. In May of 2015 there was a lawsuit for the door locks malfunction, that was a class action lawsuit, that may help you at the dealer to get repairs done.