Q: Q: EPS light

my EPS light came on when I put my high beams on the radio went off and all of my warning indicator lights on the dash came on like they do when you first turn the key on but the motor was still running, the steering was very hard. As soon as I pulled over and stepped on the gas everything went back to normal and I drove home. I need to know if the EPS resets itself or is there a problem with my EPS system. I have not had this problem again.

Hello. The EPS light comes on when the computer detects an issue with the vehicle’s electronic power steering system. If the computer detects an issue with the system it will set off the warning light to notify the driver of the issue, as well disable the system to prevent the risk of possible damage to the components. This is the reason why your steering wheel suddenly became hard to turn when the light came on. If the issue went away after you pulled over and has not returned since then it is possible that there was only a momentary malfunction. If the light is now gone and the power steering has returned then that is a sign that the EPS is functioning correctly and does not need to be reset. You may be able to scan the computer for possible stored codes that may shed some light on what the issue was, however even those will disappear on their own after the vehicle has been driven enough.

3. Q: EPS light