So I just changed my oil in a 2011 dodge charger for the ...

Q: So I just changed my oil in a 2011 dodge charger for the 3rd time the oil pressure is going from 30 to about 80 is this normal

asked by on August 21, 2017

So I just changed my oil in a 2011 dodge charger for the 3rd time the oil pressure is going from 30 to about 80 is this normal or did I need It up

Hi Cassandra. As long as you’ve used the recommended oil viscosity and correct filter, you should be OK with the range you are describing. It’s typical for oil pressure to range anywhere from 25 on the low end to 40 on the higher end. Upon acceleration, up to about 90 is on the higher end of the spectrum.