Q: Starter fuse blowing

The starter fuse in my car keeps blowing when I try to start my car.

It is likely that your starter motor has failed. A fuse is meant to protect your vehicle’s electrical system from drawing too much current, or electricity. If your starter motor shorts out that gives electricity a straight path to ground with no load to absorb the electricity. This in turn makes the wires that carry the electricity absorb that load which quickly melts them. That is why a fuse is designed to blow so it opens the circuit so the flow of electricity is stopped before damage can occur. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose what component is failing in your starter system.

3. Starter fuse blowing