Q: Opel astra issue

Hello, I am gaving a problem with my car Opel Astra G 1.6 year 2001 , I had problems with my contact key turning it on , it was stuck all the time until I couldn't spin it anymore ... I replaced the contact chamber from a second hand car shop which also meant I had to use the new key . But I'm guessing my anti theft triggered after I changed it ..but I don't understand why because I had the transponder key , original key with me all the time but now I can't open and close the door which im guessing it got desynched. I mention that my original contact chamber is damaged and can't synch the key .. also when I turn contact car with spanner is flashing quickly and constantly and won't give power to my car to start ..so I suspected the anti theft system , what can I do to bypass or reset the anti theft system ? il ive in Germany so to go with it to a car electronist really exceeds the car value ..

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Opel Astra. For an issue like this, I would recommend taking the car to the nearest dealer to have the computer re-flashed along with the new key. This is usually what it takes to get the car to recognize a new key in most models.

3. Opel astra issue