Q: Car is giving codes P0032 and P0038 and stalls

My PT cruiser keeps throwing oxygen sensor codes and stalling when coming to a stop. I smell a strong gas smell. The car will slow me down and than shutter like gas isn't getting to engine. Sitting for a while will allow it to start again and go until it repeats. Replaced 02 sensors and brand new PCM. Still throws codes P0032 and P0038. Haven't replaced IAC but I'm at a loss of ideas.

A: Hi there. Diagnoses needs to be performed. ...

Hi there. Diagnoses needs to be performed. As you already know, replacing components can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. The P0032 and P0038 codes could be the result of a blown fuse, a wiring issue from the PDC (power distribution center) and/or the PCM (powertrain control module). The strong fuel smell may be related to the engine's stalling.

I would not replace the IAC (idle air control) valve on a guess. I recommend having your vehicle inspected to determine why the car is dying and suggest the needed repairs.